For organisations looking to optimise their websites and improve rankings across key search engines, then a plugin like Yoast SEO is a valuable tool. It is considered one of the most popular WordPress plugins for all websites, making them much more search-engine friendly through a number of advanced features.
What sites can use Yoast SEO?
This is a comprehensive SEO-related plugin that can be installed on any self-hosted WordPress sites. Yoast has a wide range of valuable functions that form part of its free plugin service, but there are also some extra functionalities on the premium Yoast SEO extensions at a cost.
What are the features of Yoast SEO metabox?
The various ways in which Yoast SEO
1. Yoast SEO has Readability Analysis
One of the ways a website post or page is optimised is through its readability, which is basically how easy it is for an audience to read. Content is what will attract readers to a site, so it needs to be both easy to read while also providing value to the reader. Yoast SEO is able to perform a complete readability analysis for any new post (either during writing or directly afterwards), to enhance value.
Some of the readability features include (among others):
- Use of the active voice, wherever possible, to keep readers interested.
- Use of headings and sub-headings to allow for scanning and easy reading.
- A mixture of sentence structures and words to avoid repetition and keep readers engaged through variation.
- Use of shorter sentences and paragraphs suited to online reading.
- Use of relevant transition words that allow for more page.
2. Yoast SEO has a Snippet Preview
To give the user an idea as to how the Yoast plugin will display a page on a relevant search engine, Yoast SEO has a ‘Snippet Preview’. Here the user can set a meta description that clearly explains what the post or page is about.
3. Yoast SEO has SEO Analysis
This is where key phrases or key words can be used to optimise content for ranking on search engines. It’s important to do research and, once identified, Yoast SEO will determine the content score. This information can then be used to refine the content using this key word or key phrase.
Features of SEO Analysis include:
- Correct key phrase or key word use and suitable distribution throughout content.
- Inclusion of images with alt attributes so that the key word or key phrase is also related to the image.
- Use of shorter page titles.
- Use of external web addresses for enhanced content quality and connection of related subject matter.
- Use of internal web addresses to keep visitors on the website.
- Content length that exceeds 300 words per post to ensure there is sufficient content and use of key words and key phrases.
4. Yoast SEO offers Cornerstone Content
Users can communicate with Yoast SEO which content is key, allowing new posts to link back to this Cornerstone Content. It’s worth getting professional assistance into how to create and implement Cornerstone Content for enhanced optimisation.
To get the most out of the Yoast SEO plugin it’s definitely beneficial partnering with SEO experts who can provide a thorough website analysis and optimise the site to attract a targeted audience.